A Fist Aid Kit must contain the following items according to Manitoba Regulations:
- a recent edition of a first aid manual,
- a pair of impervious disposable gloves,
- a disposable resuscitation mask with a one-way valve,
- a disposable cold compress,
- 12 safety pins,
- splinter foreceps
- one pair of 12cm bandage scissors,
- 25 antiseptic swabs,
- waterless hand cleaner,
- waterproof waste bag.
DRESSINGS: each of the following items must be sterile and individually wrapped in order to maintain sterility:
- 16 surgical gauze pads (7.5cm squares),
- 4 pads (7.5cm x 10cm, non-adhesive),
- 32 adhesive dressings (2.5cm wide),
- 2 large pressure dressings.
- 3 triangular bandages (1m each),
- 2 conforming bandages (10cm each),
- 2 rolls of 2.5cm adhesive tape,
- 1 roll of 7.5cm elastic adhesive bandage,
- 2 rolls of 7.5cm tensor bandage.