TRAINING PROGRAMS ARE RUNNING AS SCHEDULED!
Welcome to First Aid Training Centre!
2023 is here and the COVID-19 pandemic still plagues the world and our beautiful province of Manitoba. It’s truly a difficult time and globally many adjustments have been made to everyday routines as well as businesses to accommodate their clientele.
Here at First Aid Training Centre, our Top Priority is the safety of the thousands of people we train annually and understand that many people may feel hesitant to attend an “in-class” seminar.
We wanted to provide our valued customers a quick update in regards to all our safety procedures and a few adjustments to our courses.
You will notice many of our courses now have condensed in-class timelines with an online homework assignment. For some 3 years now (Spring of 2020) and going forward, we are following the guidelines and suggestions from the Canadian Red Cross to implement Blended Learning seminars as much as possible. This is for the safety of all who attend the seminar and to minimize the in-class timeframe. As an example, a 2 day first aid / CPR course, will now be 1 day in class and 1 day online.
What can you expect when you attend our location?
(subject to change based on provincial regulations)
Here’s the routine:
- The provincial requirements on Face Masks seem to be ever changing, and participants are no longer required to wear them. However, we still recommend bringing a mask into our seminar and will follow government requirements in this regards and any suggestions they implement.
- Upon Entrance to our facility, we ask all participants use the hand sanitizing stations.
- Participants are then directed to our reception desk, and sign into the building.
- The participants can then make their way to the complimentary drink / snack area and grab a beverage and a few snacks before the seminar begins. We ask that all participants bring their own travel mug with lid for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc.
- The participants will be directed to our training area where hand sanitizers are placed at each table for participants to use in addition to the main sanitizing stations at the front and rear of the room.
- For the safety of our clients all participants receive their own CPR barrier devices with one way vale, which can be disposed of at the end of the course. A free CPR Mask is then given to all participants upon conclusion of the seminar to ensure they are ready to give assistance in a real life emergency.
- All equipment and mannequins are cleaned/sanitized after the course and each participant will receive disinfecting wipes during the class to use on their equipment.
- These are just a few out of many facility updates that we have implemented since the COVID outbreak began in the spring of 2020.
For added safety, we have additional screening tools such as Pulse Oximeters and Infrared Thermometers, a high efficiency ventilation system and 18’ ceilings to keep a constant positive airflow in the room. This is a key difference that we have compared to our competitors.
In addition, to having the tools, all instructors are either current or retired Paramedics, EMT’s, First Responders, Nurses or other medical professionals who will be able to give an informative and fun programs.
You can feel confident that you will receive the high quality programs in a safe training environment.
As the Canadian Red Cross’s Largest Training Partner in Manitoba for nearly 20 years, we value all our customers and businesses who support us. You can be confident that we will continue to offer the highest level of training, supplies and safety standards to all our clients.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Andrew & Paula Debenham
Owners of FATC