TRAINING PROGRAMS ARE RUNNING AS SCHEDULED!
Welcome to First Aid Training Centre!
As we enter the fall of 2021, the COVID-19 pandemic still plagues the world and our beautiful province of Manitoba. It’s truly a difficult time and globally many adjustments have been made to everyday routines as well as businesses to accommodate their clientele.
Here at First Aid Training Centre, our Top Priority is the safety of the thousands of people we train annually and understand that many people may feel hesitant to attend an “in-class” seminar.
We wanted to provide our valued customers a quick update in regards to all our safety procedures and a few adjustments to our courses.
You will notice many of our courses now have condensed in-class timelines with an online homework assignment. For the past year (2020) and going forward, we are following the guidelines and suggestions from the Canadian Red Cross to implement Blended Learning seminars as much as possible. This is for the safety of all who attend the seminar and to minimize the in-class timeframe. As an example, a 2 day first aid / CPR course, will now be 1 day in class and 1 day online.
What can you expect when you attend our location?
(subject to change based on provincial regulations)
Here’s the routine:
- The requirements on Face Masks seem to be ever changing, however, even if the regulations change that they are no longer mandatory, we still strongly recommend them for all seminars. We will follow government requirements in this regards.
- Upon Entrance to our facility, all participants will make their way to our sanitizing stations.
- Participants are then directed to our reception desk, given a high quality “pre-wrapped pen” to register with and as a gift for attending our seminar. We have many happy clients give us feedback on these pens. 😊
- The participants can then make their way to the complimentary drink / snack area and grab a beverage and a few snacks before the seminar begins. We ask that all participants bring their own travel mug for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc.
- The participants will be directed to their own table/workstation area, which is spaced apart to meet the social distancing guidelines. Hand sanitizers are placed at each table for participants to use in addition to the main sanitizing stations at the front and rear of the room.
- There is no sharing of equipment or mannequins and all participants receive their own CPR barrier devices with one way vale, which can be disposed of at the end of the course. A free CPR Mask is then given to all participants upon conclusion of the seminar to ensure they are ready to give assistance in a real life emergency.
- All equipment and mannequins are cleaned/sterilized after the course and each participant will receive alcohol/disinfecting wipes during the class to use on their equipment.
- Even though the government has lifted building capacity limits, we have decided to keep our class sizes to a 50% capacity for the safety of all participants until we see what happens with the delta virus or other variants. These are just a few out of many facility updates that we have implemented since the COVID outbreak began in the spring of 2020.
For added safety, we have additional screening tools such as Pulse Oximeters and Infrared Thermometers, a high efficiency ventilation system and 18’ ceilings to keep a constant positive airflow in the room. This is a key difference that we have compared to our competitors.
In addition, to having the tools, all instructors are either current or retired Paramedics, EMT’s, First Responders, Nurses or other medical professionals who will be able to give an informative and fun programs.
You can feel confident that you will receive the high quality programs in a safe training environment.
As the Canadian Red Cross’s Largest Training Partner in Manitoba for nearly 20 years, we value all our customers and businesses who support us. You can be confident that we will continue to offer the highest level of training, supplies and safety standards to all our clients.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Andrew & Paula Debenham
Owners of FATC