You will be able to practise and train in dynamic role-playing situations that mirror real life and will help you in your role as a healthcare provider. You will be introduced to a wide range of life-threatening, all-hands-on-deck scenarios that involve systems of care, immediate post-cardiac arrest care, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes. The goal is to strengthen your ability to communicate and work effectively as a critical member of a team.
Heart & Stroke’s ACLS program, based on the 2020 Guidelines, provides hands-on learning that builds on your Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, teaches you when and how to use the latest treatment recommendations for your patients, and takes your skills as an advanced healthcare provider to the next level.
14 hours in class seminar.
Course is designed for medical professional responders
COURSE DATES, TIMES, REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
Please click on the course you wish to register for below, and follow the online instructions. We now offer online registration and payment for most of our courses.
ACLS Provider - Heart and Stroke
- Current Heart & Stroke Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certificate; and
- ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment Certificate (passing score = 70%)
What you’re expected to know before taking this course
For you to achieve the best possible learning outcomes from our ACLS Provider course, you will need to possess clinical skills, knowledge and proficiency in:
- High-quality BLS
- Recognition of common cardiac ECG rhythms
- Effective management of airways and use of adjuncts
- Knowledge of cardiac pharmacology
- Practical management of complex cases
- High-performance team skills
- Successfully participate in 100% of the in-class course and skills
- Successfully complete the online pre-study
- Successfully complete the in-class final exam
2-year certification with the Heart and Stroke ACLS course
Our ACLS Provider course will help you to develop skills – as a member of a healthcare team – in simulated situations that mirror real-life cardiac-related emergencies in your work life.
These simulations will involve high-quality CPR, high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes. You will be able to reinforce concepts, undertake skills practice, receive coaching and correction, and refine your abilities before final testing.
This course is offered in two learning formats: the more traditional classroom-based teaching led by one of our instructors; or the blended learning format in which you delve into parts of the curriculum on your own time and at your own pace and then take the instructor-led, in-classroom component when you’re ready. You can choose the format that suits your learning style best.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual: RE5610E (print or ebook); and
- 2020 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers: RE0130E